Start with a clean WordPress installation, where Oxygen has never been activated and with all of the plugins from the previous step also not activated.
- Activate the Oxygen Plugin and choose a blank install.
- Next, from the WordPress dashboard go to Oxygen → Settings → License and enter your Oxygen license key and save it.
- Change Oxygen settings within the Oxygen → Settings → Client Control tab under the Role Manager to be No Access for everything.
- On the same page, under Post Type manager, check all options except
- wp_template and
- Go to Oxygen → Settings → Bloat Eliminator and check the following
- Disable WP Emojis
- Disable jQuery Migrate
- Disable Webfont.js
We are setting Oxygen up with some typical starting settings. These should be all you need to do.
Unless you have a good reason, no level of user other than Admin ( the webmaster for the site) should have access to Oxygen. This way others can add to the site without ever seeing the Oxygen interface and so would be unable to mess up what you have in Oxygen.